Tuesday, September 25, 2007

What a nice ending to a day...

Today I was in search for a beach that I could illustrate erosion on the coast for a class project, when my buddy Troy and I stumbled upon a picturesque beach. Two men were riding, or I should say swimming, their horses in the ocean against the setting sun. It was such a beautiful image. They swam around with their horses for about thirty minutes, then left.

The two men ended up being professional polo players who play in Santa Barbara; Sebastian Tkacik and Mariano Uranga. They said “the horses enjoy coming down to the beach and swimming, it is good exercise for them.”

In California, it is common for a professional polo player to earn $3,500 per goal.










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a minute these look familiar. JK. Today this was a glorious day and after we shot this I went home and Dance Da Dance Da Dance…yeeeeeaaahhhhh!